It’s just AMAZING how God works… in the simplest of ways at various times in the day.
I opened my Bible this morning…just opened it…with the intent to thumbing through to Song of Songs where I left off. When I opened it, the page fell open to Isaiah 43.
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
These words, these verses caught my eye because they were already highlighted in my Bible. And I read them again. Blessed assurance.
I went to Song of Songs to continue my daily reading and then picked up in a Bible study I am doing entitled “Amazing Freedom”. (It’s part of the Women of Faith series- all of which I have loved so far.) This study pointed me to Psalm 31. I read the scripture and made notes in my study guide, but then glanced back at my Bible to Psalm 32.
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit…
…Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
My heart was so full…and I chuckled out loud. He put those there for me? Yes! He put those there for me! Two verses assuring me that I am His and both assuring me that the waters would not overtake me! I have my eyes open and I am seeking Him, therefore it was easy to see that He placed both verses in my path this morning and I am thankful for that.
There are no coincidences folks. Only anonymous acts of God. His Blessings. Yet, when you’re seeking Him…looking for Him in all things…these blessings are not so anonymous after all. They’ve got God’s name written all over them!
Keep counting those blessings.
133. Provision. The Lord’s gift of making ends meet.
134. Reading with her
135. pre-sorted laundry
136. He picked each seed from the apple so he can grow his own trees.
137. He quietly asks if I am going to wash “whites” today…as he’s pulling on his knee high rugby socks before work…and mentions that he’s out of socks. I LOVE THAT MAN!
138. A princess dress while shopping in Martin’s
139. a steam cleaning oven…
140. …after homemade pizza
141. Two verses placed in my path with God’s assurance and truth.
142. A growing Sunday School class
143. Communion- long overdue
144. totes, bins, shoe racks and all things organizational
145. a strong back and muscles
146. a “do-it-yourself” ability so I can surprise him with things
147. Flannel sheets
148. Pain reliever and sinus meds
149. A thoughtful hubby who picks up dinner on his way home when I am under the weather
150. …and he put me to bed at 6:45pm so I could get well.
151. A night of Bible study with my son…action sequences and adventure.