In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
I have that verse written on a board in my kitchen.
Do you see that though….”every thing”…not “everything”.
Say it out loud. “every”….”thing”.
“In EVERY~THING give thanks..”.
I have learned many, many things this past week. Too much to put into one post- so I will have to find a way to break it all down. But I can share one thing with you today. Counting blessings and keeping an actual record is a wonderful habit to begin. I have already found that on the busy days…running and running just trying to keep up…I journal less blessings. Does that mean there are less blessings surrounding me? Is there less to be thankful for on those days? Absolutely not. It just means that I am running too fast to look for them.
I must make it a point to slow down…to look around….to see the Lord in everything. Who am I trying to keep up with anyway? (Besides kids.) Where am I racing to? Racing to my death and taking for granted the life I have been gifted. This must stop.
77. Preparing breakfast
78…and packing lunches for my family.
80. God’s provision- food on the table
81. a “crafty” mind
82. red roses
83. the kids art displayed all over our home.
84. a special invitation from a special woman
86. notes written by a six year old- reminders of Bible verses
87. Alone time in the car
101. the excitement of new life
102. An early rising son
103. the sun painting the tops of the trees in the morning
104. laughter, playing, running and climbing kids
105…outside on a cold day.