Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him, all creatures here below.
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
How many times I have sung that doxology growing up and not quite grasped the full meaning. Yet this morning, as I reflect on my blessings and look around to see His face…..it takes on a new meaning.
When I got out of the shower this morning, I turned on the radio. I have no clue who the speaker was, what the station was, or what he was preaching on…but the first words I heard were from Philippians.
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice.
Rejoice….in the LORD. God’s Word didn’t say “rejoice because you got a new car”, “rejoice because the bills are paid”,or “rejoice the cancer is not spreading”. It says “Rejoice in the LORD” ….Not in your circumstances.
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow. God provides. He is the author of all circumstances. Every blessing I have comes from Him. Every trial presented is an opportunity to seek Him. Every tender moment with my kids, every brilliantly blue bird that lands in the “Charlie Brown tree” outside my window, every month that passes that my husband still has a job, every snuggle, every blessing that I write down in my journal…..comes from HIM. Worship the Creator, not his creation.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17 (NIV)
The circumstances may change. The blessings I write down may change…but God, the Father is unchanging. He is constant and true.
Praise GOD….from whom ALL BLESSINGS flow.
As I mentioned in my last post, the ladies at church are participating in the study titled “One thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp. I am starting to count my blessings….do you take the time to count yours?
1) Watching a friend’s face as she talks about her conversations with God
2) …and seeing Him written on her face.
3)A sister who understands
4) Triumphs through trials
5)Sitting next to hubby in the over-sized chair
7)”Mom, will you pray?”
8)Watching God open hearts
9)…and break down walls
10)Blue birds in my little Charlie Brown tree
11)a small high-five during a game of Chutes and Ladders
12)a morning with extra sleep
13)a small hand on my leg
14)…as he whispers “I love you, Mom”
15) Opening the bedroom door and smelling the aroma of bacon
16) a warm home on a windy day
17) Planted thoughts during Bible study
18) He made me tea
19) Pirouettes on the basketball court before the game
20) Father and son on the court together
21) Hubby’s smile while coaching
22) the way she looks up at him
23) He skips down the court (his preferred mode of transportation)
24) Her cheeks stuffed full of chocolate
25) Lunch with old friends
26) the sounds of children playing
27) the sound of tools echoing from the garage as they build together
28) a soft snore from under the princess sheets
29) a raging fire in the woodstove
30) Cards and dinner with friends
31) relaxing weekends
32) Sunday morning with little ones
33) a video of a child lost who lives on through others and with Jesus in Heaven
34) she is singing alone- while playing
35) the trail of giggles that follow as a scooter zooms past me on the patio
36) the gift of a journal to make note of all my blessings
37) quiet rainy morning
39) colorful drawings on the window
40) and the joy behind each stroke of color
41) the blessing of being a stay at home mom
42) tea parties
43) she enthusiastically tells strangers “hello”
44) …instigating a smile in return
45) A warm hubby when I am cold
46) “I want my mommy” in the middle of the night
47) spots of blue peeking through gray clouds
48) Clear eyes
49) bright paint colors that are no rival to God’s creation
50) wiping away tears…because he missed me today while he was at school